Posted by Mrs. Emery
From Tamar: Create the following list: 8 Reasons Why It’s OK to Lie
Write for 10 minutes. Post your piece to comments.
Posted on March 10, 2015, in Writing Prompt. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.
Eight Reasons Why It’s Ok To Lie
1. to protect the innocent
2. to shield the blind
3. to save a friend
4. to cover
5. to take the blame
6. to help
7. to make light of the situation
8. to help without getting anyone into too much trouble…
for the people that inflict self harm and aren’t quite ready to tell their parents. its ok to want help temporarily while going though pain; but you’ve gotta tell somebody at some point. for some people, it’s too late for this quote, but for others… this is one of my fav quotes:
“don’t make a permanent mistake based on temporary feelings…”
I really loved this, Hailey. All you said was very true. Even though lying isn’t okay, there is a time and a place for it to be most necessary. ❤
Thanks so much, Grace! And I completely agree; I’m glad you and I see eye-to-eye on this one! 🙂 ❤
1) It’s an easy way to hide the truth.
2) Lying can spare a friend or family member from pain.
3) Lying is convenient during tough trials.
4) Lying can just be a form of exaggerating the truth.
5) Lying can conceal a person’s true personality from the world.
6) A lie can save a person from receiving the consequences.
7) Lies help people reach states of success.
8) Lying is one of the many ways to survive the real world.
*What I said does not justify that lying is correct. 🙂
1. Protecting an innocent person
2. If it’s a life or death situation
3. To take the blame for someone else
4. To help an awkward situation
5. To hide your true self from the rest of the world
6. To ease pain from a loved one
7. Exaggerating the truth
8. To joke with friends and make them smile once again.
*These do not actually mean that I condone lying, I hate it. But these are legitimate reasons to lie and they make it semi-okay. If it’s a joke between your friends and they know it, obviously it’s okay — but if you’re lying just to lie, that’s frowned upon.
Ten Reasons Why It’s OK to Lie:
Eight, because harmless impulses could be humorous.
Seven, because the truth is boring.
Six, “truth resists simplicity,” and I can’t clear up the grey.
Five, your parents are on their way home and the party isn’t quite finished.
Four, you can’t run out of lies, but you can run out of truth.
Two, because you skipped number three.
One, because you’re a writer and that’s how you make your living.
haha this was hilarious Christopher! I really liked the way you chose to be funny with this post! 🙂
December 21: 7-8pm EST
January 11: 7-8pm EST
Activities and Events:
VOTE for the Final Four Round of the Best Worst Sentence Contest!
If you participated in NaNoWriMo – email your final word count to Mrs. Emery to receive Participation Points.
January Book Discussion – January 18th
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
Current Activities and Information
CHECK OUT current participation point opportunities and TOP TEN Star Scribblers.
Becoming a Member
Interested in joining the Creative Writing Club? All current FLVS students are eligible. Click HERE to submit your application.
Blog at WordPress.com.