Best Worst Sentence Contest
What is it?
- This is a whimsical literary competition that challenges entrants to compose the opening sentence to the worst of all possible novels, inspired from the first best worst sentence, “It was a dark and stormy night”.
- Watch last night’s recording or read about our contest from previous years on the blog to learn more.
- Contest Rules:
- Each entry must consist of a single sentence. One entry per person.
- School appropriate.
- Sentences may be of any length but we strongly recommend that entries not go beyond 50 or 60 words.
- Sentences will be anonymous during voting.
- Submission = 10 participation points
- The Runner Up = 5 extra participation points
- The Winner = 10 extra participation points
Sentence Submission Deadline is November 18th. Email me your sentences.
Bracket voting begins November 25.