Group Short Story
- This will be a fast paced, challenging, and fun exercise! The story will be written by everyone participating, 500 words at a time. One person will start and send their part to me. I will send the story to the next person. They will add their 500 words, and send it back to me. And so on. Read our story from last year: The Wind Whisperer
- Language and subject matter must be school appropriate. You will be dropped from the story if you submit work that is inappropriate. If you have a question about whether something is inappropriate, it probably is. You can introduce new elements, but what you write should not come out from left field from what has been established. You need to keep the story consistent. Your section will not be added to the story if it is too crazy.
- The turn around time will be 24 hours. For example if you are tapped to write your section on Monday, you need to send me your 500 words by Tuesday.
- Each participant will write 500 words at a time.
- The story will start February 16.
- Email Mrs. Emery by February 16 to participate.
- The Creative Writing Club will be organizing a service project this year.
- Our project will run in March and April.
- Three Options
- Collect books to donate to a library, school, or organization.
- Volunteer to read to someone at a school, library, nursing home, or organization.
- Volunteer to tutor someone in English, reading, or writing.
- There is a google form to submit when you have donated books or read to someone.
- Send in pictures of the books you’re donating or of you reading! (Only send in pictures if you’re ok with sharing them on the blog and in meetings. You do not have to be in the picture.)
- The Fine Arts Club hosts the Shakespeare Festival each year. This year it will be April 23-27.
- The Fine Arts club and the Creative Writing club will be collaborating for the Shakespeare Festival this year! While the rest of FAC will have their own part in the planning, the CWC would be helping out with making scripts and lyrics. The lyrics will be derived from the script of the plays that we will be performing. At a certain point in the script, a song will be sung by a chosen singer. The lyrics of the song will continue but not mirror the remaining script lines. The lyrics can also be placed at any time in the script that the Activity Assistants see fit. Activity Assistants? That’s you guys! (And some of the FAC members who also want to help). The CWC (the Activity Assistants) would basically be getting everything ready for the actors and singers.
- If you are interested, use this is the link to the FAC website where you will see a Shakespeare Festival post, and an Activity Assistants post. There, you will find more information on what the Creative Writing Club is going to be doing!
- Reach out to Mary-Kelly if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activity Assistants will receive 20 participation points.
- Activity Assistants Sign Up: https://goo.gl/forms/rkTUjc7JLQOgjAUE2
Virge Literary Magazine
- Now Accepting Submissions for the Spring 2018 Edition!
- The theme for this edition is “Dreams” and submissions should adhere to this theme as you perceive it. The following types of submissions will be accepted until February 28, 2018for this edition.
- Original artwork including paintings, drawings, and sketches
- Black & white or color photographs
- Click here to download the submission form.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- Members will be awarded points throughout the year based on different options for participating.
- At the end of the year, the member with the most points will win a prize!
- Current Participation Opportunities
- Meeting = 20 points
- Blog Comment = 5 points
- Blog Submission = 10 points
- Group Short Story = 15 points
- Shakespeare Festival Activity Assistant = 20 points
- Shakespeare Fest Planning Committee = 50 points
Basic Club Info:
- Meetings are usually the first and third Thursday of each month from 7-8pm EST.
- To remain a member of the club, you must attend 1 meeting per month OR post 1 comment on the blog.
- All activities, exercises, and events are optional. The only requirement is participation.
- March 8, 7-8pm EST
- March 15, 7-8pm EST
February 15 Meeting Recording:
NOTE: All activities are optional. The only requirement for the club is participation (attending a meeting or posting a comment on the blog). You can watch the meeting recording for more information and discussion.